We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients and customers. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or you provide to us will be processed, shared or transmitted by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Demif Gallery C.I.C is the Data Controller, for the purpose of compliance under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Demif Gallery C.I.C can be contacted at Demif Gallery C.I.C, 68 Riverside Close, Warrington, WA1 2JD.
Our Data Promise last updated: 21 August 2019.
- What type of information and data do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may provide us with personal information about you by completing the request forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. You may also provide us with information when you search for a particular service, order a service or product on our website, contact us via the website or report a problem with our website. We may collect your personal data to inform you of the various products and services we offer. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, occupation and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; browser version; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information you provide to us. When you use our services, you may provide us with the following information:
- Information about you which may include name, title, job title, home and/or work address, email address and telephone number.
- How do we use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with the information, products and services you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide marketing information to you and for the purposes of customer support, billing and for auditing services.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website, applications and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website and applications to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website and applications safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services which may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- When we may disclose your information to others
We may share your personal information with any third party member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you have not disabled cookies in your browser. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use our online ordering services, survey forms, use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any marketing messages displayed on it respect your preferences. Targeting cookies from third parties may also be stored from any advertising channels we are actively working with and they will also record the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to help focus and measure any advertising or marketing.
- You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the placing of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will remain unless the cookie cache is cleared or unless you are using a Private browsing mode on your web browser (e.g. Incognito on Google Chrome) or unless otherwise indicated above.
- Where we store your personal data
- Security of your information
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
- Unfortunately, as you will be aware, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation You also have the right to revoke or amend any consent you have provided allowing us to store and use your personal data.
You can also exercise your data rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links to other websites
Our website contains links to and from the websites of our partners, clients and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and Regulation.